Thursday, August 30, 2007

Delayed News Report

You sit calmly on your couch watching your daily portion of 'Life's a beautiful torment' when the screen flickers a bit and is abruptly changed and replaced by a black male decayed zombie that seems apologetic due to his sudden appearance.

Mike Zombie: Good evening ladies and gentlemen, my name is Mike Zombie and this is a breaking delayed news on the current events within from Port Harcourt. We sincerely apologize for the delay but we had a problem within the studio as bodies we were feeding on decided it was time to rebel and actually fight back. Regardless we will be replaying a prerecorded report that was recieved by me from Lisa Corpse...our onscene reporter....

The current image is replaced by prerecorded news feed where mike seems to be wearing a different outfit but is still in top decaying form...

Mike Zombie: What exactly is going on over there now Lisa?

A crippled looking female appears before you with no signs of movement but voices seemed to be emanating from somewhere...

Lisa Corpse: Well things are slightly calming down as a curfew had been instated a few days ago and the streets of port harcourt are filled with soldiers, police officers, and naval officers.

Mike Zombie: Any reason as to why the curfew was declared?

Lisa Corpse: Well based on our inside sources it seems that these militants seem to be coming from a close by waterfront and as such the nigerian navy has been sent over there to hold them back. As such the curfew was declared so that when the army pushes them back offshore, the navy can finish them off and make sure they never come back on land. To summarise it, any ships seen around those areas after 7pm are immediately shot down Mike.

Mike Zombie: Now those are drastic measures, but will they work?

Lisa Corpse: Well it seems they are working but i don't think the border searches and patrols are effective.

Mike Zombie: What border patrols?

Lisa Corpse: Well it seems in the major areas of port harcourt and also around the borders of port harcourt. Citizens are asked to keep their hands up and walking by so that they can be searched and checked. If you are in a car you are to leave one hand on your steering wheel and the other hand raised up.

The screen is once more replaced by an image taking by one of the news team's photographers...It is quite clear that this was taken in a dangerous situation as the last person that did this got shot and killed.
It returns back to Lisa Corpse...

Lisa Corpse: As you can see it seems quite effective with only one major flaw Mike...

Mike Zombie: And what might that be Lisa?

Lisa Corpse: Well they people leave their bags and belongings within the buses or cars they are within before walking out and the cars and buses don't get searched! I mean whats the point of all this then? Exercise? People get that just from waking up around here.

Mike Zombie: Well now that is a lapse within the Nigerian Army...I felt they were quite effective considering they lead a lot of ECOWAS missions.

Lisa Corpse: Well mike to give them credit, they are not the ones in charge of this. Its actually the police and mopols...so i guess its to be expected. Well thats it for now around here, i hope things are rectified as companies and businesses...especially joints or beer parlors are losing quite a lot of money from this. Back to you Mike.

Her face seems to finally move and a smile creeps through it...The feed is interrupted and replaced with the present day Mike.


Mike Zombie: Now that they are, thanks Lisa for your report on the port harcourt crisis...I guess thats it for us here at Dead TV, once again...am Mike Zombie, wishing you all a Goodnight...

The screen returns to normal and you continue watching 'Life's a beautiful torment'...

13 comments:

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Hahahahaha! Nice one Jeff! Lovely....Thanks for stopping by my space...Howz PH these days? I hope things have calmed down a bit...Will be checking this page out! Later..

Jeff Corbin said...

@Nyemoni: Well its definitely boring now with the whole curfew crap. I get back home around 4-5pm so as to avoid traffic due to everyone rushing home. But other than that the militant activities have definitely reduced...the hand raising is still active though...and amusing. :)

shhhh said...

creative.....are u in the theatre/media business?

EDNUTEY said...

hmm, y ou are very creatiuve..I like this
I'm su re you like horror movies..that's for sure. WOW! I love dis post..and thanks for stopping by my page

Jeff Corbin said...

@TLK: Nah definitely not. If i was you definitely wouldn't be seeing all these crappy nigerian movies that gives me headaches everytime i accidentally watch them.

@Sparkle: I definitely love horror movies. Anything that gets me thinking outside the box, gets my vote...and your blogs rock!

Queen of My Castle said...

Very entertaining to say the least. Oh gosh, I can not watch horror flicks. I still get nightmares! Can you believe?! LOL. Okay, I hate to sound like a dunce, but is there really a curfew there?

Toochi said...

Rob Zombie....Mike Zombie:D....Jeff?
Nice one....It's cool when you know all that "nitty gritty"....inside source more like...
you are such a zombie though:D

Jeff Corbin said...

@Toochi: lol ain't it? lol.

@Queen: I would never call you a dunce my dear...This is basically whats going on in port harcourt but i decided to tell it in an otherwise creative and entertaining manner. Everything is real and happening. I was the one that took the picture and believe me, that was some scary shit. Was hoping i wouldn't get shot, as the last person that did a stunt like that really got killed by soldiers. The inside source is actually a naval captain that was supposed to be on duty.

Queen of My Castle said...

What was going through your head when you were taking this photograph? Sorry for all of the questions. I am very inquisitive and have never heard of such until now.

I have a spot on your blog roll! Yay for me!! LOL

Jeff Corbin said...

@Queen: I take risks in my life...sad but true. Guess thats what makes me who i am. Besides...i had the camera skillfully hidden. Carl taught me that with his magic card tricks (Which he is really good at). And believe me darling, as poetic as you are...you'd definitely get more than a spot if i had my way :)

Queen of My Castle said...

And just what more would you give me? LOL

TDVA said...

hm, really creative.

Jeff Corbin said...

@Teevida: Thanks.