Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Dead Returns

This should be an interesting way to announce my return from inactivity. :) No proof reading so just enjoy the damn thing. Am going with the flow...

WOW!
I made it back. Its been so long, i feel like i actually need to reconnect with you beautiful living creatures of nature once more. But i'll just walk around you all like i always do, with none of you knowing am actually there. Watching you all go about your merry and devious businesses, never stopping to ask yourselves if anyone is actually watching. If by chance some mystical being unknown to you or the people around you...will some day judge you for these actions. It has always being said that there are things that we cannot explain in our lives. Things that go even way beyond that which is paranormal, i for one was once an unbeliever in such stories...But now...well i am dead and yet i am still here aren't i? If i still exist i wonder if there truly is a God? Though i am yet to see him and i coulda sworn he was supposed to have judged me already. But maybe...maybe this is his judgement? Maybe he has left me here to walk with these creatures that i now feel are so wretched in their ways, yet sadly i was one of them. My thoughts begin to trail away as i begin my sad yet on some occassions amusing routine. Where i had been all this time i can't for the life of me remember anymore, it is the way the dead live...and for that i am grateful. I begin phasing in and out of houses as i float through the skies in search of anything to at least give me something to occupy my meaningless, timeless, world...A couple in bed, the man cuffed and gagged, the woman with stilettos and a whip...A man being strangled to death by his own son while he watches as he's wife and his 12 year old daughter are being raped...A young boy accidently realising the joy of rubbing on his own privacy...A priest begging for deliverance from God for all men and woman...A little girl about to steal from her mom's purse...But this one seems to interest me the most, and so i stay.

I smile as i watch the little girl steal her first stash from her mom's purse while she's away. I could sense her emotions boarding a roller coaster and preping for the joyous ride to come. And no sooner had they put on the safety bars did the ride begin. Guilt, joy, euphoria, fear, suspicion, they all bump into each other as the ride goes faster and twists, turns, and loops around the track. She hastily stashes the money in her pocket and for a moment attempts to actually pull it back out to return it. My smile is only for a moment...She changes her mind and runs for the door, all these emotions still safely pinned on the ride. I watch as she opens the door to head outside but is paused by the return of her mother. All emotions but one bail out of the ride, how they'll survive i dare not ask. I glare into her soul trying to see which emotion remained so fastened on the ride...it made me smile as it became clearer...i wondered why i even needed to view so deep to see...it was fear. Always so adamant in matters like this. Her eyes were wider than usual, her body was so frozen even her mother could tell something was wrong. She scanned the room trying to figure out what happened that would make her 9 year old daughter so frightened of her. Everything was as it was supposed to be, her dress, make up kit, drawers, lockers, bed, everything were all in the right position. She stared at a her daughter with a combination of suspicion and curiousity. I phased out of the room as i knew the questions would begin shortly. Whatever the outcome in this point in this young child's life would determine her future and her character at that. I dare not intrude on such critical scenes in peoples life...if there was ever a code we beseached, berifed, and debodied creatures followed. This would be a key point in such a code...but alas it does not...and as such i am usually tempted to see everything. And sadly today was that day, as i phased back into the room. I watched as her mother sat on her bed teary eyed wondering what to do with her daughter most likely. For within her hands was a large sum of money...from the looks of it i would say at least 50 large. What she was going to use this to do at such a tender age...i had no idea. The little girl stood rigidly, her eyes fixed at her mother's, her hands choking the life out of her dress.

I smile at the sight of all this and realise i had forgotten the beauty that is within the system of nature. For even though they know not that they are being watched, even though they commit such ridiculous things without the need to question themselves regarding it, feeling that they can't be judged if not seen. They usually are, not by those unseen but by those quite visible. By their laws, morals, and government. By all that they hold dear to them, and if by chance that doesn't work...then maybe some day...i'll have to show them what it feels like...to be truly judged.


Hope you all enjoyed the read...more to come as i do have stories to actually tell regarding whats happening in my life.

10 comments:

TDVA said...

fiiiirrrrst!

and i read!

anyways, nice ghost story. i usually hate horror movies, life has enuf of it already. but this ghost has a human touch and and even above human mind, so i can like it!

laterz.

Queen of My Castle said...

Wow...I am actually rendered speechless. This was captivating on so many different levels. I don't think that I would call this a ghost story, nor would I label it a horror tale...more along the lines of surreal reality for those of us that believe in a higer being as well as spirits, the good and evil ones. Very interesting read.

Ms. Catwalq said...

why did she take the money?
why did she take the money?
I am supposed to be working on my project that is due tomorrow and for which I have nothing as yet to present...
why did she take the money?....

Carlang said...

Hey..
he's back...
finally.
I actually got worried for a second there...
Lol.
Stay longer this time!!

Jeff Corbin said...

@Teediva: thanks and welcome to ma baby...i see you've been busy, now i actually have to go back and read em all.

@Queen: See why i love you angel? Nailed it. And thanks. :)

@Cat: Hmm...why did i take a piece of meat from the pot when i 8?...i dunno...cus i could actually reach it? I wanted it? My parents weren't around?...So many reasons my dear. Kids these days are actually more mature than we ever were, i mean my cousin is 8 and she has a freakin cellphone?!

@Carl: I'll try man...i actually need to read your stuff but dang man...must they always be sooooooooooo long?! :)

Queen of My Castle said...

C'mon babes...where's the update?

flawsandall said...

wow....when I saw your blog title..I was quite skeptical and expectant of something spoooky

spooky it was not....thoughtprovoking and deep it was....

Jeff Corbin said...

ooooooooooo
Thanks Zephi....now am definitely gonna write some more. Am sure that'll make my darling queen happy.
:)

Queen of My Castle said...

Yes love, that would make your Queen ecstatic

Unknown said...

hmmmm..Carl the angel, you- the living dead..Birds of same feather reaaally flock...
Howdy!!! Guess who's at ur door...?
Nice piece...reaaallly nice